A busy weekend.

I don't feel like typing much but I did a race, traveled, race, traveled, race, back home. Last race of the weekend was gay because there was a bad crash and the dude that crashed was in the middle of the road for the next 3 laps(hit his head pretty hard) and 2 dudes decide to attack as soon as the crash happened-talk about a cheesy way to get ahead. Panzies! I didn't know about the break-a-way until 3 laps later when I heard "20 seconds!" I broke off to catch these 2 guys and I was in a 'pickle' the whole time. That's baseball terms people! I was solo for half the race and slowly gaining time on these guys while the main field was charging behind me. I also had no water bottle because, earlier, some of the racers were blocking me in on the inside, so I decided to do a little trick and go mountain biking over these speed bumps on the inside of the track. At that moment, I was riding a 6 thousand dollar pogo-stick and so my water bottle bounced out-didn't know it until I went on my break-a-way and tried to grab some water. My MTB skills scared the shit out of everyone and they got out of my way. I dont mess around people! With a few laps to go, teammate Joe gave it his all to bridge-the-gap from the main field up to me to help me out. He even gave me his water. You're the best Joe! By the last lap, we had about 8 or so seconds left on them and we didn't quite make it. A third place finish is alright I suppose. Joe finished 4th a little ways behind me then the main field came in. What a day! Exciting, yet disappointing on my part.

8 comments:

SHAWN B. said...

It was an epic battle played out on the speedway.
My voice still hurts from yelling.

JB said...

That was an incredibly cheesy low class way to pull off a win. Breakin' with a man still on the pavement. As soon as he heard man down he jumped. BS. They don't even allow that crap in NASCAR.
They should be ashamed.

Kevin said...

I agree as does everyone I've talked to! That was a BS move! That's no way to get ahead. And they will have to live with that. I know the officials were busy, but I think the race should have been nuetralized. You know, like a yellow flag in Nascar? Helloooo, we're on a race trak, people! Can I get a yellow flag here? Please? I was rootin for ya to catch them suckas. Nice move. And I did see you in the bumps, they are HUGE and close spaced.

Anonymous said...

thatz racin in 4`s ands 5`s ....

Anonymous said...

p.s. i wuzz wanderin what happened 2 my shoe covers.........

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going down for sure when you were riding that bucking bronco. Glad you pulled out of it. Wish I could have bridged with either you or Joe, but I was beat from my earlier attack and needed to bide my time. Great effort by both of you. Congrats.

JB said...

Just to make you a little more jealous :

I missed the the Women's race because the start of the men's was delayed. BUT - I did meet and chat with Mandy L after the mens race was over. She likes going fast around corners ......

steven said...

Ha. jealous? Not so much-it take s a lot for that, but I am disappointed that I didn't get to make it up there. She likes to go fast around corners? Does that mean she crashed? I hope not-I told her ass to be safe. How was she? she's freakin' awesome, but lately, she has been...
on another note, i'm glad you were able to see the action and talk to mandy. I wish I could have made it up there to support/see her and the Schick TT team. ha, while trying to watch the race at the shop on saturday, Mr. B was like..."hey steven, I see some crazy chick is holding up a poster that says 'I miss you steven'. oh wait, she has another one...'steven is so hot'!"