A tremendous weekend

This past weekend was a 2 series race-the Tour de Port and the Tour de Peake. Saturday was a beautiful day and the course was along the water in Portsmouth, which i felt like jumping into after the race. One road was torn up and had gravel all over...a lot of the roadies didn't like it(do some cyclocross or mountain biking!). I thought it was fun! I finished up with a 3rd place. Afterwards, a few of us went out to Fellini's in Norfolk-my first time! I had an amazing greek pizza and a snickers cheesecake after. Yes, that was my fuel for the next day of racing. That, and amazing belgium waffles for breakfast. The real fun started on sunday with the Tour de Peake. My mom was there! Jessica and her dad were there! What more could I want? It was a tough race because there was a break-a-way and only a handful of people would try to bring it back. The rest were blocking or just in it for the ride, but that's racing. Anyway...i'm not gonna take full credit, but the break-a-way was caught and I survived 2 crashes on the last lap and came in with 2nd place. Ha, a little interview with Joe and his camera across the finish line was fun, but getting the congratulations from my mom, Jess, and her dad was the most rewarding part of my weekend. Back to the question of "what more could I want?" Grilled out ribs as a celebration dinner! I was invited over to dinner at Jessica's house and my mom came with me. All in all, it was the best day of my summer or perhaps one of the best times i've had in a long time. If I had a choice, I'd choose that night to happen every night, over winning the Tour de France any day. It was that good.

6 comments:

Rob said...

I think that if you could win the Tour, Steve-O, you could probably arrange to have a night like that any time you wanted. Think about it-- Ribs and Podium Girls at the same time.

I can see you now, on the podium in Paris while Phil and Paul are announcing...

"Well it seems to me, Paul, that we'll be seeing this young man in yellow for years to come."

"You're right, Phil and he's won it in grand fashion-- he's never given up once over the course of the last three weeks and is constantly wearing that trademark smile of his."

"Speaking of that smile, I can't seem to make out what that is, just around the corners of his mouth--is that blood Paul?"

"No Phil, I spoke with him just before the start of the stage and it appears to be bar-b-que sauce."

T.Karnes said...

ahaha sounds exactly like them. amazing rob!

Anonymous said...

Great results this weekend, Stephen. Sorry about the blocking, but it just aint right to chase down a teammate. As they say, that is racing.

Seems like another upgrade may be in order for you soon.

Kevin said...

kevinhorvath@tmo.blackberry.net

472-5241

Anonymous said...

don`t jump in dat watta!!!!!!!

Kevin said...

you'll come out lookin like swamp thing!