As you all may know:

Yes, I had a falling out with the shop. Better yet, the shop had a falling out with me. After months of harassment and mistreatment from "higher authority figures", I decided that enough was enough; no need to be unhappy with the one thing I have a lifelong passion for-cycling. Nor will I allow for anyone to hold me back or bring me down. I worked there for a little over 3 years and I put my heart into that place because it was what I enjoyed doing and it sucks to be treated the way I was. And so...it's time to move on to better things-the next stepping stone. I didn't need the money; everyone knows I have a few mil stashed away for early retirement because of inheritance. I will not go into detail about the series of events that led up to this, but I still care about everyone on the AAB race team and i'm not ditching any of you; still my friends. It's just the fact that it will be morally impossible for me to wear a jersey with that name on it anymore. There is always a bad guy and a good guy, and i'm sure that all of you will be hearing stories or rumers that will depict me as being one of the two. Whichever you choose to perceive me as is up to you, but I could care less whether anyone thinks of me as being the good guy or the bad guy; however, a business does. To confirm current gossip, I am now racing for tripower.

9 comments:

nPlusOne said...

I heard a rumour about a unicorn - but couldn't get the whole story.

Yeah, lots of things have changed.
Good luck with your new team (they just want you for your BAR points - j/k guys).

Shoot me an email soon so we can talk about anything outstanding that you were working on for the team (ie kits, bank accts, etc).

ps I still care about you too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Steve. You will be missed.

Andy

Kevin said...

Oh Albe, that's a good one! Dudes, I cannot wait to get the Manimal on a CX bike! He was absolutely flying down some fire roads today on a road bike! Unfortunately, the tubes didn't hold up... Too bad, we had an epic one out there today.
See you guys soon, I'm baaaaaack!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be free of the DRAMA!!! There are several of us that know exactly the mental abuse you had to put up with!! The unicorn is still safe, thanks to your daring rescue. Can't wait to see in the Tripower kit and post pics to aab.!!

ps And I still care about you too. . .

steven said...

I see a cross bike in my future! And a killer cross season! I was having so much fun too...I was bummed out about the flats. oh well. leave it to me to do the experiments...but i'm sure someone has done it before my time. road bike, off road??? solution: cross bike! thats why they have them! der!

Anonymous said...

we did it all winter without any flats.... you just to fassst.....
and it don`t matter who ya ridin for,or where ya came from...the world keeps spinning regardless...
welcome aboard,(and albe, you are also welcome, as a matter of fact,this is an open invite to any1 to join TRIPOWER)....HOLLA...
SHAMELESS PLUG.........I KNOW...

Marco said...

I wish you could have continued with us yesterday, it turned out to be a great ride. Bummer. Get yourself a CX bike ASAP!

Someone else's loss was TriPower's gain!

Anonymous said...

Bring us ALL your drama boy! We LOVE it!

Team TriPower

Anonymous said...

I can not imagine what happened, that place ran like a sewing machine, a sewing machine bought at ghetto shit store. Good for you steven, keep up on your progress with me. I will live the sean kelly dream through you.


yeti