Finally, Manimal action.

Here are some pictures from the race! It's about time I start racing! I'm kinda like Matt Damon in the movie Good Will Hunting; he's a math genius but doesn't apply himself-I was the same way with riding and racing. Not any more!

We have a kick-ass team! We all had a great performance. My director sportif and coach, Rob, decided to join the race and was involved in a crash. I dedicate my win to Rob! Also, I dont have to hear Andy yell at me anymore. Everytime I see him, the first thing he says is "you better win!"(EVERYONE tells me that; it's a lot of pressure guys! ok, not really.) I swear, I heard that so much from him, I'm surprided that I haven't seen a billboard on the road saying "you better win!" with Andy's face beside it. Or on TV- "pardon the interruption, but Andy wants to tell Steven that 'he better win!' Ok, now back to the program..." Jess was in town and had to leave before the race, but she decided to delay her departure so she could be my #1 motivator, supporter, podium girl....etc. Her mom and pops even joined her to come support me. Awesome!



For the win!
Podium girls: Jess and Susan!




9 comments:

nPlusOne said...

You even get Podium girls. I want to be like you when I grow up.

Congrats on the win. Sorry I couldn't help you out in the final laps (not that you needed it - but my intentions were there) but Rob decided to crash right in front of me with 5 laps left. I still have that image of someone running over him with their bike going thru my head.

Rob said...

steven- you are on fire! albe- thanks for not running over me.

Anonymous said...

Nice ride Steven. I heard you rode away. Wish I'd seen it, but I was busy getting my head handed to me at Camp Hilbert.

Anonymous said...

STEEEEEE-MAN. you have a blog?!?!? weird. anywho. we miss ya! but we'll see you in may, i suppose. unless you ever take that long ride out here!

:)

JB said...

Great rde at the Crit - and the TT. You ARE the MANimal in C5 this year. WTG

Anonymous said...

UGH! C5...he should have started racing much sooner instead of slacking off for the past few years. He's a sand-bagger now! Not for long; a few more races and he'll be moving up. It's time for the winter-slowness to go away because it's still with him. Where is the hot weather?! It comes then leaves on race day. Whats up with that mess?

Kevin said...

Work IT!

Anonymous said...

we`ll be waiting for you young jedi............

Anonymous said...

who was that fat old man talking to rob before the race???