Props to Mom

I got my mom a new bike last year and she has never really touched the thing; however, she has been riding more, which is awesome. She may not be fast but she's out there having fun. 20mph down a small hill gets her super excited and really nervous, but she looks pro because I hook mom up. She'll get there though. She'll be pulling me around at 30mph before I know it. By the way, thanks Butch for calling me a dic!<. Mike H said to Butch: "I was going 31 and steven just pulled away from like nothing and held it off." Butch: "yeah, he's a big dic!<." I know it's a compliment Butch, no worries. ha. So anyway...this weekend was my mom's first "big ride" in the MS150. 150 miles in 2 days (the second day was cut short due to bad weather). Before she left, I fixed up her bike and wrote some tips on a piece of paper that I taped to her top tube. Just basic group riding tips that all of us already know. Except one tip that most people dont know-smile and have fun! That she did. I drove up to see her saturday night and drove all day sunday as mechanical support/mom support. She met a lot of people out there and some of them knew me but I couldn't place their face. All in all, she finished and i'm proud of her. She got her first medal, ever! Now that she's actually riding and has hung out/talked with a lot of cyclist, she is starting to understand me more. cool. Here's a picture of my lovely mom riding in the rain. Dont let her fool you, she's ___ and she's still super hot...it's a celebrity thing

3 comments:

nPlusOne said...

Umm - don't use "old" and "mom" in the same sentence. Samething goes with "old" and "teammates".
I remember when I use to say -
"Yeah man, he's like old, maybe 40."

Congrats to your mom. I expect to see her riding with Pete on Saturday morning's for the LSD ride.

Rob said...

Way to go Manimal Mom!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Cari (sp?)!!! The rest of us wimped out on the MS this year. And Stevo!!! Never call your Mom "old"!!!! Especially when she's as cute as your's!!!! Would love to join her on "Pete's LSD Ride", but some of us are just not welcome on the AAB rides. . .Susan