Norfolk Classic

Moi in front, leading into the cobbles.

One of the most exciting races of the year, so far. First race with my 4 upgrade. After 5 laps, everyone in the field was like..."your name must be steven huh?" Thats because at every corner and every straight-away, there were people cheering me on. I had a lot of fans out and it was inspirational. Rob was standing on top of a statue(featured as a centerpiece in the cobbled section) waving a huge Lion of Flanders flag screaming "manimal" as loud as possible. My name quickly changed from manimal to steven because, apparently, manimal has too many syllables and is hard to scream-I dont blame him. Susan came out with Rob and cheered me on. The most unexpected person showed up-Jess. That's like getting someone who lives in the space station to come see me race. Absent for the start, but she was there by the second lap with her pops-i'm his hero.

This race was F-U-N! Pssh, wind shmend! Yeah, it was windy as H-E-double-hockey-sticks(50mph gusts), but it wasn't much of a problem. It blew me across the road like everyone else but I just blew back at it...like Boonen would do, only manimal style. I was in the front 5 positions for the entire race and chased down every attack. 38-40mph sprint finish-I threw my bike out for second place. Hoorah! A handful of these races and i'll be a 3. The best part: the cobble stone section with the bright yellow Lion of Flanders flag whippin' in the wind. This is gettin me pumped up for cross season-much like the long-femur cyclocross queen. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, would you hurry up and get out of the fours before I get there. Great race. That wind was heckish.

Marco said...

I'm pretty sure it was you but your finish was awesome. We (the officials) all called the other guy at the finish but after reviewing the tape you got him by probably an inch or two! Incredible and the only real close call of the day!!!

Definitely worth the price of admission.